Thanksgiving week makes it a bit more challenging to get things accomplished and before going any further, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all my Beetles for their support and commitment, ever since beATL saw the light back in July. Let your voices be heard and don’t hesitate to comment/rate the articles.
Our upcoming Belgian THIRSTday will be at Ormsby’s, a classic neighborhood tavern with a full bar featuring an extensive craft beer selection, Coca-Cola and classic cocktails alongside a fresh pub menu. Join us on Thursday December 4th, starting at 7 pm.
The tavern will be pretty full, since December is the month for end-of-the-year gatherings. But like at WOB, we will claim more and more space as the evening evolves… Please note that we might be downstairs where you can let your competitive-self challenge your THIRSTday-mates with some fun games like Backgammon, Bocce, Darts, Pool, or Shuffleboard (first come first served).
Please note that Ormsby’s will check your ID and won’t let you in without it!
RSVP is not a must but highly appreciated.
- When: Thursday December 4th, 2014 from 7 pm
- Where: Ormsby’s | 1170 Howell Mill Rd, Atlanta, GA 30318. Be aware that Ormsby’s is not easy to find … It’s located UNDERNEATH the furniture store Room & Board which makes one of the corners of Howell Mill Rd NE and 14th Street NE (walking distance of Bacchanalia and Star Provisions).
- Parking: large parking deck totally free … and complementary valet (don’t forget to tip) is also available.
- BRING YOUR ID otherwise you won’t get in!!!
They have Coke! Cheers!
If you have been naughty, forget about it! Saint Nicolas/Sinterklaas will enter Johns Creek on Sunday December 7th at 2 pm. The Legend will have bags full of presents of all kinds (provided by you, dear parents) and goody bags.
This fun afternoon, organized by BCA (Belgian Club Atlanta), is open to young and young at heart. Soup, sandwiches and soft drinks will be served late afternoon.
RSVP by December 1st.
- When: Sunday December 7th @ 2 pm
- Where: The Orchards at Jones Bridge Clubhouse, 10770 Harvest Ridge Lane, Johns Creek GA 30022
- RSVP by December 1st at the latest with the name(s) of your child(ren) and the number of adults attending the party.
- Cost: Members Free – Non-members: $5.00 per person (child(ren) and adult(s))
- Presents: bring a wrapped present for your child(ren) clearly marked with their name(s).
Looking for some local goodies for the holiday season? Don’t look any further! Atlanta Accueil is organizing an exhibition and sale by mainly French artists and artisans in Atlanta. But sparkling between the Frenchies, our own local designer Patrick Van Biesen will be presenting his latest jewelry collection. Discover or re-discover Patrick’s meticulously handcrafted one-of-a-kind pieces of art. His creativity follows the flair of the seasons and is inspired by nature and his many world travels. Through his designs, you will notice Patrick’s passion for stones that he combines with other materials such as mineral specimens, crystals, rhinestones, glass and metals. There is no doubt that on Sunday you will find the perfect gift, and add some color, sparkle and global style to your (or your wife’s) wardrobe.
So don’t hesitate to visit this unique holiday market where you will find great presents for your family and friends! Christmas decorations and cards, accessories, leather bags, jewelry, scarves, children clothing, sleepers, pottery, and much more…
Free drinks and French delicacies!
- Date – Sunday November 23rd, 2014
- Time – 12-5 pm
- Address – 791 Moores Mill Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30327 – this is a private home!
- Parking – on street on adjacent roads: E. Wood Valley Rd NW or W. Wood Valley Rd NW and please respect fire hydrants and neighbors’ property accesses.
- Entrance is free. Some vendors may not have the credit card payment facilities … so bring your checkbook!
- Patrick can be contacted via his cell at 404-374-4885
A dish from home, a meal dedicated to your palate … moules-frites or mosselen-friet (choice of 4 styles) by our Belgian Chef Philippe Haddad! beATL has reserved 40 couverts for its Beetles (y’ll) on Saturday, November 22nd. Aperiti(e)f will put us in the mood from 6.30 pm and dinner will be served from 7.30 pm. For the non-musseleers among us, F&B has a few options like its famous steak tartaar/filet américain or braised rabbit Belgian style, Scottish salmon and filet mignon … And if that doesn’t make you salivate, Philippe will find a solution!
Please note that this is a cash-bar event and payments are individual…
Seating is limited to 40 couverts (only 4 left) with a firm deadline of November 18th. RSVP is a must! From the 19th, please call the restaurant directly (mention beATL/Belgian party) but you may be seated further away …
- When: Saturday November 22nd, 2014
- Time: Cocktails from 6.30 – 7.30 pm. Dinner at 7.30 pm
- Where: F&B | 3630 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326 | (404) 254-1797
- Parking: complimentary valet parking (there is also a self parking option ($4/hour))
- Menu: Cash-bar/Drinks à la carte
In celebration of the 200th Birthday of Adolphe SAX, the inventor of the Saxophone, the Consul General of Belgium Geneviève Verbeek is cordially inviting you and your guests to a duo performance by Belgian saxophonist Robin Verheyen & pianist Marc Copland on the Belgian Royal Holiday, Saturday November 15, 2014 at 7:30 pm, in the Rebekah Scott Hall, Agnes Scott College.
Light refreshments will be served after the concert.
RSVP only if you plan to attend: 404-659-2150
Learn more about Robin Verheyen and Marc Copland
The sax by Vigo Universal is 25 cm.
Since 1991, WOW Motorcycles has become the place to be for motorcycles. From a one person do it all, WOW has become the leader in retail of used motorcycles in the USA and has grown into an important player of the worldwide trade for the power sports industry. WOW will gladly help you with your search for your dream bike (rental or buy), parts and even export to every country around the globe.
On November 20th, WOW invites us for an inside peek into the wonderful World On Wheels. The Belgian native WOW Motorcycles owner, Guido Adriaenssens, will present a business case on how he got started and expanded his business over the course of 20 years to become the icon he is today. Besides getting a look onto the 600 motorcycles that are in the store today, Guido will also let us view his personal collection of one of a kind bikes. So strap on your helmets and enjoy the story behind the World On Wheels.
- When: Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 6.30 pm
- Registration deadline: Friday, November 14, 2014
- Where: WOW Motorcycles | 508 Cobb Pkwy N, Marietta, GA 30062
- Parking: Free parking in front of the WOW Motorcycles store
- Admission: Free for members – Non-members: $25. Register and buy your ticket online.
- More info: contact BACoS
WOW … Guido!