*** THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED ***
If you were born and raised in Belgium, you will have had at least on person in your family that grew their own vegetables. Besides being overly delicious, they also were the cleanest and freshest foods you could eat. Especially in the last couple of decades here in the USA, organic foods are becoming the must-have healthy item on your plate.
But as a farmer here in the South, it is still a challenge to grow organic foods. That is one of the topics that Nicolas Donck will talk about during his presentation: A delicious taste of the organic foods market. He will go into the history of Crystal Organic Farm, show what they grow and go more in depth about the challenges and opportunities of an organic farm within the current market.
Besides giving a presentation, Nicolas and his family invites you to take a tour on the Farm. At this time you will get to see what is growing this season, see how a farm works and sample some of the most delicious organic foods.
- When – Presentation: Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM | Tour: Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 9:00AM
- Where – Presentation: Burr & Forman, 171 17th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30363 | Tour: Crystal Organic Farm, 425 N Johnson St, Newborn, GA 30056
Parking: Free parking provided at both locations
- Admission: Members: $45.00 – Non-Members: $60.00
- Registration – If you like to attend both days, please click both boxes in the registration form and you will receive a 2-for-1 admission price.
With a “mind‑blowing beer selection” of over 800 beers (vintage, draft and bottle), this venue is a ‘hit’. Located in the heart of Little Five Points, this cozy restaurant with its hand-crafted wooden booths and exposed brick wall is the perfect place for a casual dinner of gourmet pub grub and a few glasses of one of the 44 beers on draft (including two hand pumps) or one of the 700 bottled beers available. The beer list is only micro-brews and small imports, offering pours not available at most local bars. Since its opening in 2008, The Porter Beer Bar has been consistently listed among the top ten beer bars in the world by ratebeer.com. The Porter had also been named “Best New Pub” and “Best Beer Haunt” by Atlanta Magazine. And Zagat has only compliments for this gem.
They serve Belgian fries and even mussels ….
So there is no better place for our July’s Belgian THIRSTday … Join us on the 2nd from 7 pm.
- When: Thursday July 2nd from 7 pm
- Where: The Porter Beer Bar | 1156 Euclid Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30307
- Parking: you can use metered parking along Euclid or a free lot behind the restaurant. From Euclid, turn onto Colquitt Ave and then turn right at the 3rd drive, which will take you to the back parking lot. Do not park on the upper level in the back lot. It is for the apartment buildings only and you will be towed! Other options include the pay lots by the Variety and free street parking on Washita and Seminole after 6pm.
- RSVP as a curtesy …
Nikolai’s Roof at Hilton Atlanta is planning another Belgian beer pairing dinner on June 24th. Chef De Cuisine Stephanie Alderete along with Executive Sous Chef Olivier De Busschere (a native of Antwerp) will be cooking a flavorful dinner.
Don’t wait and reserve your place today by calling Nikolai’s Roof at (404) 221-6362.
Belgian actors are doing well … We are again the recipient of a movie with Belgian presence. This time the young Pauline Burlet (from Mons), as Lily Mariani, and Eric Godon (from Baudour) as Zamoa’s attorney, will shine in The Connection (La French).
Join the beATLcinefans on Tuesday June 23rd at 7.30 pm at Midtown Art Cinema (931 Monroe Drive, in the Midtown Promenade Center, Atlanta, GA, 30308).
Another movie night … Join us on Wednesday June 10th at 7.30 pm.
This R-rated movie of the life of Saint Laurent directed by Bertrand Bonello stars our Brussels actor Jérémie Renier as Pierre Bergé (not to be confused with the movie Yves Saint Laurent with Director Jalil Lespert!). The movie traces Yves Saint Laurent’s life from 1967 to 1976, during which time the famed fashion designer was at the peak of his career.
Renier made one of the most memorable and challenging cinematic debuts of the 1990s, when the neophyte thespian (then in his teens) signed on to portray one of the leads in Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne’s cathartic psychosocial drama La Promesse (1996). Further he obtained roles in My Way (Claude Francois – 2012), In Bruges (2008), L’enfant (2005), Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) and many many others (read more).
- When: Wednesday June 10th @ 7.30 pm – meet us inside, close to the dedicated auditorium.
- Where: Landmark Midtown Art Cinema | 931 Monroe Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 – ample free parking
- Whoops: It is a very long movie … 2 hr 31 min with strong sexual situations and of course, nudity!