The Federal Public Service Finance and Fiscal Department for Foreign Investments in Belgium will visit several cities in the U.S. in April for talks about recent tax policy developments in Belgium and Europe. Tax seminars will be held in Seattle, San Francisco, Houston, Atlanta and Boston. We are lucky to have Atlanta on the schedule. It will also be an opportunity to meet our new Consul General of Belgium in Atlanta, William De Baets. The event is free and a light lunch will be served.
The various tax aspects about will be discussed during the seminar ‘doing Business in Belgium and/or investing in Belgium’.
- 10:00 am – Welcome | Anton MERTENS, Partner, Burr Forman LLP
- 10:10 am – Why Belgium? | William DE BAETS, Consul General of Belgium, Atlanta
- 10:20 am – The Belgian Tax Landscape: Highlights | Kristof VANDEPOORTE, International Tax Services, PWC, New York
- 10:50 am – The Belgian Tax Landscape: R&D and Logistics | Marc DE MIL, Fiscal Department for Foreign Investors, Federal Public Service Finance, Belgium
- 11:20 am – Coca-Cola’s Presence in Belgium | Wouter VERMEULEN , Group Director, International Government Relations and Public Affairs, The Coca-Cola Company, Brussels
- 11:45 am – 12:30 pm – Q&A (light lunch will be served)
- Time: April 25, 10 am – 12.30 pm
- Where: Burr Forman LLP | Suite 1100, 171 17th Street NW, Atlanta
- Registration and RSVP [free]
- Parking: ample parking under the building – ticket will be validated.
- Organizators: Consulate General of Belgium, BACoS and Burr Forman LLP