The Brass Tap, opened earlier this year, is a brand new sports bar owned by French citizen Samy. This festive pub offers a myriad of beer options – over 300 craft beers from around the globe – and has a nicely-loaded wine cellar.
This bar could be a serious option for coming Belgian soccer games!
- When – Thursday August 4th, 2016 from 7 pm
- Where – 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Road in the Park Place Shopping Center across the street from Perimeter Mall | (770) 557-0232. Easiest access is through the path left of McKendrick’s Steak House.
- Parking – ample free parking or valet parking.
- RSVP – a simple yea or a nay would be nice ..
The Belgian American Chamber of the South and the Netherlands American Chamber of Commerce of the SouthEast would like to invite you to join them for an After Work Summer Networking Drink with complimentary hors d’oeuvres on Thursday August 18th from 6 – 8 pm at Gordon Biersch Buckhead [3242 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30305]. Please Register for this event.
More Belgian festivities … The Brick Store Pub in Decatur [125 E Court Square, Decatur, GA 30030] is having Belgian Independence Day celebrations. They begin on Thursday the 21st and finish on Sunday the 24th of July. The will have 21 draft lines, all Belgian beers in their Belgian bar upstairs! And you can conclude those few days by joining us for some good beATL-Time at the beach with picnic. See post below.
We have only one National Day so join beATL for a lovely afternoon at the beach with your fellow compatriots on Sunday July 24th from 12 to 6 pm.
beATLe Diane has reserved a covered pavillion at the Atlanta Yacht Club where we will have our National PicNic, rain or shine! There will be fun for the whole fam: you can hit the waves, play in the sand, compete in a game of volleyball or petanque, go kayaking or simply relax.
beATL is excited to announce a very Special Guest: the Belgian Waffle Exchange! beATLes Chris and Kathy will spoil us with some yummy Belgian waffles towards the end of the afternoon. Keep them in mind for your corporate events, birthday parties, family reunions, weddings and other fun get-togethers!
Please read carefully the Logistics, especially the waiver … and be courteous: use our RSVP system even if you are not joining us…
WAIVER: beATL and the Atlanta Yacht Club will not be responsible for in any and all activities associated with the event. Your family and guests are your sole responsibility and your participation is voluntary. So no claim for any injury, incident, illness, loss, liability, damage, claim or cost, including actual attorney fees and costs that may arise from or in any way be in connection with the activities of beATL’s and the use of the property and facilities of Atlanta Yacht Club. There is no lifeguard on duty!
- When: Sunday July 24th from 12 to 6 pm – gates won’t open before 12 pm! Drive slowly towards the gates for access.
- Where: Atlanta Yacht Club | 7120 Yacht Club Dr, Acworth, GA 30102 – Directions. Be aware of road works populating I-75…
- Parking: Parking is available on the grass around and in front of the Club House. Park sensibly to leave enough space for others and do not block any boats! For your convenience, you can drop off your material and attributes at the pavillion upon arrival.
What to bring (list is not exhaustive):
- picnic basket to feed your family and guests … food, snacks, cups and plates, silverware, utensils, if needed, napkins, paper towels,…
- cooler with an assortment of kid-friendly and adult beverages and plenty of ice. Don’t forget water, corkscrew or bottle opener if needed!
- if you want to use the grills, bring everything to that effect … charcoal, matches but also cleaning material! You will be responsible to clean it after use.
- beach games, ball (beach, volley,…), petanque, frisbee, other sports gear
- swimming attributes including bathing suit, floaties, water air mattress, kayak, lifejacket (a must if you go outside the swimming area),…
- pail and shovel, bucket, other beach toys, book, magazine, binoculars,…
- towels, extra clothes, flip flops …
- beach chairs, beach umbrella and remember hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and bug repellent.
What not to bring
Weapons of any kind, pets, motorcycles.
More to know
- the Club House has restrooms including a changing station for babies
- if you intend to go outside the swimming area, you must wear a life jacket
- for the sun sensitive souls, there are plenty shady spots under trees or pavillion. The pavillion has fans and there is an additional portable one.