Hop Hop Hop … grab your little basket and join beATLes Cindy, Kelly and Jerina for a traditional egg hunt on Sunday April 9th, 2017 from 3 – 5 pm. Easter Bunny will be in attendance and yummy waffles and fruit will be served at 3.30 pm just before the egg hunt! Don’t wait to RSVP…. spaces are limited to 60 entries!
- When – Sunday, April 9th, 2017 from 3 to 5 pm
- Where – Clubhouse at Waterside | 12605 Morningpark Circle, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Cost – $5.00 per person [at the door] – Each child must bring a basket.
- RSVP before April 5th, with the name(s) of your child(ren), their complete DOB, the number of adults attending the party and an emergency phone number.
Yesterday evening during the re-launch reception of Delta’s non-stop services to Brussels, our compatriot Anton Mertens, an Immigration Partner at Burr & Forman LLP and President of the Belgian American Chamber of the South, has received from the hands of Mr. Pieter De Crem, Secretary of State for Foreign Trade of Belgium, former Minister of Defense of Belgium, the prestigious Knight’s Cross of officer in the Order of Leopold signed King Philippe, King of the Belgians. A well deserved medal for 20 years of services to our country.
The Order of Leopold (Leopoldsorde, Ordre de Léopold) is one of the three current Belgian national honorary orders of knighthood and is awarded by royal decree.
Congratulations Anton! We are so proud of you!
Join the Consulate General of Belgium in Atlanta for a lecture by Dr. John H. Morrow, Jr. commemorating the entry of the United States in World War I. The lecture will be followed by a light European style reception.
- When: Sunday April 2nd, 2017, from 3 – 6pm
- Where: Atlanta History Center | 130 West Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30305
- RSVP to Carter Jackson by March 27th.
Come and listen to our compatriot Jacques Minjauw, member of the Georgia Philharmonic Orchestra, play in the concert ‘Beyond Impressionism: Debussy & Vaughan Williams‘. This concert is in collaboration with The Michael O’Neal Singers will take place on Saturday, March 25 at 7.30 pm at Lassiter High School.
You will hear impressionistic choral masterworks including Debussy’s lavish Nocturnes and Vaughan Williams’ ethereal Dona Nobis Pacem. Maestros Morrison and O’Neal share the podium to conduct 150 singers and 75 orchestra musicians.
Jacques Minjauw studied trumpet, music theory, history and transposition at the Royal Music Conservatory in Ghent, Belgium. After graduating in 1975, he was teaching music education for several years and performing with a band in Western Europe until he moved to Atlanta in 1978. In 1981 he enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences at Georgia State University where he played in the Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble. He studied trumpet with John Head (principal trumpet with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra at the time) and took conducting classes from Dr. Steven Winick. Since graduating from GSU with a Bachelor in Music in 1983, Jacques has enjoyed performing across the South-East with several bands, ensembles and orchestras.
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Lassiter High School @ Lassiter Concert Hall | 2601 Shallowford Rd. Marietta, Georgia 30066
- Admission: $25 Adult | $15 Senior | $10 Student or $27/$17/$12 at the door
Join this luncheon, sponsored by the Consulate General of Belgium, with The Honorable Pieter De Crem, Secretary of State for Foreign Trade of Belgium, former Minister of Defense of Belgium on Thursday March 23rd at the Atlanta Metro Chamber. Mr. De Crem is visiting our city to celebrate the resuming of the direct flight between Atlanta and Brussels [first flight on Saturday March 25th].
Mr. De Crem will discuss ‘In the heart of Europe: Belgium, the EU and the transatlantic relationship in challenging times‘ with particular attention to:
- Trans-Atlantic and bilateral economic relations
- Business opportunities in Belgium
- Current situation in Europe and future outlook
- When : Thursday March 23rd, 2017 from 11.45 am to 1.30 pm
- Where: Metro Atlanta Chamber | 191 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 3400, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Admission: free
- RSVP: by March 21st to Sarah Saxner
- Public Transport: 191 Peachtree Tower is located at the Peachtree Center MARTA station
- Metro Atlanta Chamber: 191 Peachtree Tower Parking Garage
- International Garage: 192 Peachtree Center Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Central Parking System: 218 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Self Park: 221 Peachtree Center Ave, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Peachtree Center Garage: 161 Peachtree Center Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
As part of the Upstate International festivities, Greenville Sister Cities International would like to invite you to our 4th annual Belgian Beer Dinner! This wonderful evening full of great conversation, laughs, and culinary delight will take place on Monday March 27th at The Trappe Door, downtown Greenville, SC.
Seating is limited, so please contact The Trappe Door ( or 864.451.7490) to reserve your seats – especially if you plan on coming with a larger group.
Last year, the event was sold out in less than 1 week, so it’s very important to get your name on the reservations list as soon as possible. In order to confirm and keep your reservation, you will be required for advance payment at The Trappe Door within 1 week of signing up.
Full refunds will be available upon cancellation at least 1 week before the event, i.e. by Sunday March 19th the latest. The money for later cancellations and no-shows will serve as a fundraiser for Greenville Sister Cities International.
Since 2002, De Molenwiek offers Dutch/Flemish language and culture classes for kids from the age of 2.
You are kindly invited to attend their open house and silent auction – to help secure a bright future for the school – in Dunwoody, on Saturday March 25th at 7.30 pm. Expect a fun event with Belgian beer, Hollandse bitterballen and dance the night away!
- When – Saturday March 25th at 7.30 pm
- Where – “The Branches Clubhouse” in Dunwoody | 1318 Winding Branch Circle– Atlanta 30338
- Entry – $25 via Paypal, tickets to be booked in advance at email@example.com. Tickets include food and drinks for the evening. Advanced ticket purchase only.
- Dress code – casual attire.
The Consulate General of Belgium in Atlanta takes part in the Atlanta Francophonie Festival with a screening of “Tous les chats sont gris” for Belgian Movie Night on Tuesday March 21st, 2017. The screening will be followed by a Belgian-themed reception.
- When: Tuesday March 21st, 2017 @ 7 pm
- Where: Alliance Française | 1197 Peachtree Street NE, #561, Colony Square, Mezzanine Level, Atlanta, GA 30361
- Parking: free parking upon validation underneath the building
- Free entrance upon registration.