It’s not the first time that beATL is taking you to the magnificent Ponce City Market. Officially known as the Barrel Room Restaurant and Wine Bar, The City Winery has a very large area at the bar with lots of standing room, high-top tables, standard seating and large outdoor patio and is excited to accommodate our group on Thursday August 3rd, from 7 pm. Meet us UPSTAIRS, above ABV which entrance is to the left of Binder’s Art Supplies!
The City Winery has a nice menu for snacks and food, and even though it is wine-centric there is an adequate beer selection, including Palm…
- When – Thursday August 3rd, 2017 – from 7 pm
- Where – Barrel Room Restaurant and Wine Bar or The City Winery @ Ponce City Market | 650 North Ave NE, Ste 201, Atlanta, GA, 30308
- Parking – The City Winery recommends parking on Glen Iris Drive, between Ponce De Leon Ave and North Ave NE. PCM has a huge parking lot: Pay Upon Arrival and remember your number plate! Parking can be paid with the so-easy-to-use Parkmobile App [users, enter 222 as your Zone Number] or via normal means of payment (credit, debit or exact cash $1, $5 or $10 – no change). First 30 min = $1.00 + $1.00 per additional 30 min | 4 – 8 hours is $10.00. PCM is donating the first $1 from every parking session to the Atlanta BeltLine project. There is also Valet Parking at $8.00 for up to 4 hours.
- MARTA – the North Avenue MARTA station is 1.5 mile away, at the corner of W. Peachtree St NW or by bike: complimentary bike valet available at the beltline entrance.
- RSVP – even if no coming, please.
We have only one National Day so join beATL for a lovely afternoon at the beach with your fellow compatriots on Sunday July 23rd from 12 to 6 pm.
beATLe Diane has reserved a covered pavilion at the Atlanta Yacht Club where we will have our National PicNic, rain or shine! There will be fun for the whole fam: you can hit the waves, play in the sand, compete in a game of volleyball or petanque, go kayaking or simply relax.
Please read carefully the Logistics, especially the waiver … and be courteous: use our RSVP system even if you are not joining us… If you didn’t get a RSVP invitation via email through Whoozin, contact me so I can add you to our emailing/RSVP list.
WAIVER: beATL and the Atlanta Yacht Club will not be responsible for in any and all activities associated with the event. Your family and guests are your sole responsibility and your participation is voluntary. So no claim for any injury, accident, illness, loss, liability, damage, claim or cost, including actual attorney fees and costs that may arise from or in any way be in connection with the activities of beATL’s and the use of the property and facilities of Atlanta Yacht Club. There is no lifeguard on duty!
- When: Sunday July 23rd from 12 to 6 pm – gates won’t open before 12 pm! Drive slowly towards the gates for access.
- Where: Atlanta Yacht Club | 7120 Yacht Club Dr, Acworth, GA 30102 – Directions. Be aware of road works populating I-75…
- Parking: Parking is available on the grass around and in front of the Club House. Park sensibly to leave enough space for others and do not block any boats! For your convenience, you can drop off your material and attributes at the pavilion upon arrival.
What to bring (list is not exhaustive):
- picnic basket to feed your family and guests … food, snacks, cups and plates, silverware, utensils, if needed, napkins, paper towels,…
- cooler with an assortment of kid-friendly and adult beverages and plenty of ice. Don’t forget water, corkscrew or bottle opener if needed!
- if you want to use the grills, bring everything to that effect … charcoal, matches but also cleaning material! You will be responsible to clean it after use.
- beach games, ball (beach, volley,…), petanque, frisbee, other sports gear
- swimming attributes including bathing suit, floaties, water air mattress, kayak, life jacket (a must if you go outside the swimming area),…
- pail and shovel, bucket, other beach toys, book, magazine, binoculars,…
- towels, extra clothes, flip flops …
- beach chairs, beach umbrella and remember hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and bug repellent.
What not to bring
Weapons of any kind, pets, motorcycles.
More to know
- the Clubhouse has restrooms including a changing station for babies
- if you intend to go outside the swimming area, you must wear a life jacket
- for the sun sensitive souls, there are plenty shady spots under trees or pavilion. The pavilion has fans and there is an additional portable one.