We have only one National Day so join beATL for a lovely afternoon at the beach with your fellow compatriots on Sunday July 22nd from 12 to 6 pm.
beATLe Diane has reserved a covered pavilion at the Atlanta Yacht Club where we will have our National PicNic, rain or shine! There will be fun for the whole fam: you can hit the waves, play in the sand, compete in a game of volleyball or petanque, go kayaking or simply relax.
Please read carefully the Logistics, especially the waiver … and be courteous: use our RSVP system even if you are not joining us… If you didn’t get a RSVP invitation via email through Whoozin, contact me so I can add you to our emailing/RSVP list.
WAIVER: beATL and the Atlanta Yacht Club will not be responsible for in any and all activities associated with the event. Your family and guests are your sole responsibility and your participation is voluntary. So no claim for any injury, accident, illness, loss, liability, damage, claim or cost, including actual attorney fees and costs that may arise from or in any way be in connection with the activities of beATL’s and the use of the property and facilities of Atlanta Yacht Club. There is no lifeguard on duty!
- When: Sunday July 22nd from 12 to 6 pm – gates won’t open before 12 pm! Drive slowly towards the gates for access.
- Where: Atlanta Yacht Club | 7120 Yacht Club Dr, Acworth, GA 30102 – Directions. Be aware of road works populating I-75…
- Parking: Parking is available on the grass around and in front of the Club House. Park sensibly to leave enough space for others and do not block any boats! For your convenience, you can drop off your material and attributes at the pavilion upon arrival.
- RSVP is a must – only for beATL members.
What to bring (list is not exhaustive):
- picnic basket to feed your family and guests … food, snacks, cups and plates, silverware, utensils, if needed, napkins, paper towels,…
- cooler with an assortment of kid-friendly and adult beverages and plenty of ice. Don’t forget water, corkscrew or bottle opener if needed!
- if you want to use the grills, bring everything to that effect … charcoal, matches but also cleaning material! You will be responsible to clean it after use.
- beach games, ball (beach, volley,…), petanque, frisbee, other sports gear
- swimming attributes including bathing suit, floaties, water air mattress, kayak, life jacket (a must if you go outside the swimming area),…
- pail and shovel, bucket, other beach toys, book, magazine, binoculars,…
- towels, extra clothes, flip flops …
- beach chairs, beach umbrella and remember hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and bug repellent.
What not to bring
Weapons of any kind, pets, motorcycles.
More to know
- the Clubhouse has restrooms including a changing station for babies
- if you intend to go outside the swimming area, you must wear a life jacket
- for the sun sensitive souls, there are plenty shady spots under trees or pavilion. The pavilion has fans and there is an additional portable one.