No Te Deum, parade or fireworks but for sure a lovely afternoon at the beach with your fellow compatriots. That’s what beATL has prepared for your National Day Celebration on Sunday July 19th from 12 to 6 pm.
beATLe Diane has reserved a covered pavillion at the Atlanta Yacht Club where we will have our National PicNic, rain or shine! There will be fun for the whole fam: you can hit the waves, play in the sand, compete in a game of volleyball or petanque, go kayaking or simply relax.
beATL is excited to announce two very Special Guests: our Consul General Ms. Geneviève Verbeek and photographer/journalist/producer Séverine Dehon who is touring the U.S. for “Sign my Car!”
And a special thanks to Three Taverns Brewery for providing us with 3 cases of A Night in Brussels IPA!
Please read carefully the Logistics … and be courteous: use our RSVP system even if you are not joining us…
WAIVER: beATL and the Atlanta Yacht Club will not be responsible for in any and all activities associated with the event. Your family and guests are your sole responsibility and your participation is voluntary. So no claim for any injury, incident, illness, loss, liability, damage, claim or cost, including actual attorney fees and costs that may arise from or in any way be in connection with the activities of beATL’s and the use of the property and facilities of Atlanta Yacht Club. There is no lifeguard on duty!
When: Sunday July 19th from 12 to 6 pm – gates won’t open before 12 pm! Drive slowly towards the gates for access.
Where: Atlanta Yacht Club | 7120 Yacht Club Dr, Acworth, GA 30102 – Directions.
Parking: Parking is available on the grass around and in front of the Club House. Park sensibly to leave enough space for others and do not block any boats! For your convenience, you can drop off your material and attributes at the pavillion upon arrival.
What to bring (list is not exhaustive):
- picnic basket to feed your family and guests … food, snacks, cups and plates, silverware, utensils, if needed, napkins, paper towels,… No grilling!
- cooler with an assortment of kid-friendly and adult beverages and plenty of ice. Don’t forget water, corkscrew or bottle opener if needed!
- beach games, ball (beach, volley,…), petanque, other sports gear
- swimming attributes including bathing suit, floaties, water air mattress, kayak, lifejacket (a must if you go outside the swimming area)
- pail and shovel, bucket, other beach toys, frisbee, book, magazine, binoculars,…
- towels, extra clothes, flip flops …
- beach chairs, beach umbrella and remember hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and bug repellent
More to know
- the Club House has restrooms including a changing station for babies
- if you intend to go outside the swimming area, you must wear a life jacket
- for the sun sensitive souls, there are plenty shady spots under trees or pavillion. The pavillion has fans and there is an additional portable one.