Think twice if you think there is nothing to do for the Belgians (and Belgophiles) in and around Atlanta! Just look at the amount of blog posts published, and the coming events listed below (and it’s not even mid March)!
So here is what’s cooking … (put those dates in your calendar!):
- A repeat THIRSTday … Since beATL’s favorite local band Atlanta Boogie would love to have a Belgian-style audience, we will oblige. Join us for another bowling (or not) evening at The Painted Pin on Thursday March 12th at 8 pm.
- This gives you sufficient notice: our fabulous dance pop singer-writer STROMAE will be in concert in Atlanta on Monday September 14th (Doors @ 6:30 pm/ Show @ 7:30 pm) at Buckhead Theater. Tickets for the East Coast leg of Stromae’s tour will go on sale 10 am PT on Saturday, March 14th via his Facebook page or via the Theater.
- On March 19th, 2 events have been scheduled: one musical, one business-related. Click on each link for more info.
- The Belgian Ladies Spring Luncheon has been scheduled for March 26th. Ladies, a RSVP-invite should have reached your inbox.
- Atlanta Film Festival will be held March 20-29, 2015 and two Belgian productions (Trans and Jennah) will be on show. Details on blog that will be posted on 03/16.
- Our Master Brewer Joran will share his experience(s) on April 9th at Three Taverns Brewery. Blog post is scheduled to be published on 03/25.
- A kids-oriented Easter Egg Hunt by BCA will be announced soon.
- Participate in a HACKATHON to Hack Epilepsy here in Atlanta – or in Brussels – on 24-26th April, 2015. Blog post is scheduled to be published on 03/18.
- Hop with beATL on the Atlanta Streetcar on Sunday June 14th!
- Be ready to buy your tickets for the ‘Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tour‘.Tickets go on sale on July 15th for … tours in October (2015 ticket sales open to members of Oakland’s Historic Foundation on July 1)! This is your only chance to experience Oakland Cemetery after dark, and walk amidst the Cemetery’s beautifully lit gardens. You will play audience to first-hand re-enactments, narrated by a host of Oakland’s eternal “residents,” which bring to life the city’s past.
- On Sunday August 9th, beATL takes you to the Atlanta Botanical Garden for another lighting experience: Bruce Muro brings to Atlanta his Light in the Garden’s exhibit featuring unique installations created from hundreds of miles of optic fiber.
Of course, every month we have our Belgian THIRSTdat from 7 pm at a ‘surprise’ location.
Anyone knowing about an upcoming event? Anybody willing to host/organize and event? Contact Queen beATL!