- Embassy of Belgium – 3330 Garfield St NW, Washington, DC 20008 | 202-333-6900 | email@example.com
- Consulate General of Belgium – Mr. William De Baets – 230 Peachtree St NW, Ste 2250, Atlanta, GA 30303 [22nd floor] | 404-659-2150 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) – Wim Van Cauteren – 235 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 1730
Atlanta, GA 30303 | 404-659-9611 | email@example.com
- Wallonia Export & Investment (AWEX) – AWEX Atlanta will cease to exist officially on January 31st 2017. From February 1st 2017 onwards, for all purposes related to the former jurisdiction of AWEX Atlanta, AWEX Houston will become the single point of contact: Yves Dubus, Trade & Investment Commissioner and Djazia Filoso, Trade & Investment Deputy Commissioner | Belgian Trade Commission @ 5300 memorial Drive, Suite 625, Houston, TX 77007 | 713-863-1110 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belgian American Chamber of the South – 171 17th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30363 | 706-218-2469 | email@example.com
Reading for expats
- The Brussels Time – The Brussels Times is Belgium’s premier daily online newspaper in English. Its mission statement is to provide expats, foreigners and internationally oriented Belgians with Belgian news and opinion pieces in order to help them understand what is happening in the capital of Europe, on a local level. They also publish The Brussels Times Magazine, a bi-monthly magazine which focuses on two notable components of Brussels, namely its role as the political capital of Europe as well as an international centre for contemporary art | firstname.lastname@example.org
French and Dutch Schools
- De Molenwiek (onderwijs op een kwalitatief hoogstaand niveau in de Nederlandse Taal en Cultuur voor kinderen van 2 tot en met 14 jaar – Lessen worden gegeven in Atlanta en Marietta) – Directeur: Jiska van Ede | 404-542-1293 | email@example.com
- Lesson de Français (école privée – tous niveaux (français langue maternelle ou français langue étrangère)) – Directrice belge: Candy Johnson | 390 Prospect Place Suite 390, Alpharetta, GA 30005 | 770-361-9755 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- L’École du Samedi (école privée – cours tous les samedis avec enseignants de langue maternelle française. tous niveaux (18 mois à adultes, français seconde langue ou français langue maternelle) – Directeur : Marc Mallet | 2890 North Fulton Drive, Atlanta, GA 30305 | 770-421-0850 | email@example.com
- Little Da Vinci International School (établissement privé, cursus franco-anglais maternelle (18 mois-5 ans) – Directrice : Soraya Rouchdi – 4055 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30342 | 678-510-1214 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Artists (Belgian Artists in the US)
- Eloise Lake (singer) – aka Eloise Schaerlaken, Belgian talent raised in Raleigh, NC.
- Milow (singer) – in South California since 2012
- Robin Verheyen (saxophone player) – “Robin Verheyen NY Quartet”. Born in Turnhout, Robin is a NY resident since 2007.
- Sarah Bettens (singer from K’S CHOICE) – currently lives in Johnson City, Tennessee where she became a firefighter in 2012 for one year before reforming K’s Choice with her brother Gert.
- Francisca Vanherle Maxwell – Soprano and Voice Teacher, Francisca has settled in Atlanta
- Celine De Backer – singer and actress
Bakeries – mostly French but so close to home
- Amélie’s French Bakery – 840 Marietta St, Atlanta, GA 30318 | 404-921-0276
- Café Vendôme – 969 Roswell Rd Suite #155, Atlanta, GA 30342 | 404-536-5167
- Douceur de France – 277 South Marietta Parkway SW, Marietta GA 30064 | 770-425-5050 or 73 Alpharetta St., Roswell GA 30075 | 770-650-1173
- H&F Bread Co. – 1401 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 | 404-350-8877
- Paris Baguette – 5252 Buford Hwy. Doraville, GA 30340 | 770-455-8552
- Sweet Tentations – 400 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30022 | 770-710-0541
- Collet – 2225 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009 | 678-770-6066
- Belgian cities in pictures
- Belgium beyond expectations (promo clip)
- Belgium the movie by Wim Robberechts, entirely shot from a helicopter…
- Belgian newspapers
- Belgian radios
- Visit Belgium
- Vlamingen in de wereld
- Pêle-Mêle – Conseils pratiques et extraits de presse intéressants pour les Belges aux Etats-Unis d’Amérique. Contact Didier Heiremans.
- Le Journal des Belges à l’étranger
- Union Francophone des Belges à l’étranger
- Belgians in America (Hugo Du Bois) – only for Belgians living in the USA.
- Belgians in the USA / Belgen in de VS / Belges aux Etats-Unis
- Belgian Club of Southern California
- Belgians in NY – for all Belgians living or who have lived in NYC.
- Belgian Club Tampa Bay (Wim Dericks)
- Belgian Club of Florida (Marc De Vlieger) – centered mainly around Miami, Fort Lauderdale & the Palm Beaches.
- Belgian in the Carolinas (Anouck Peeters)
- Belgian American Club of Texas
- Belgian American Club of Chicago or http://www.belgianamericanclub.com
- Washington Flanders Club (Marc Quintyn)
- Cape Dutch with Belgian Chef Philippe Haddad – 1782 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 | 404-343-0313
- A la Flamande (catering) – Belgian Chef Tom Leroy | 404-483-6668 | email
- The Fry Guy – Belgian Street Fries/Atlanta Food Truck – Chef Andrew Long | 404-788-1280 | email
- Belgian Waffle Exchange [BWX] – at Farmers Markets around Atlanta – check the website for details
- BelgianShop – shop online from Verviers!
- Chocosphere – fine chocolates from around the world since 1998, including the Belgians big brands like Côte d’Or, Callebaut, Nirvana, Cafe-Tasse, Cavalier, Galler and many more … Based in Tualatin, Oregon.
- Dutch Expat Shop, directly from Aarle-Rixtel, NL has a section dedicated to Belgian food!
- Vander Veen’s The Dutch Shop located in Wyoming offers Dutch only items … but it’s so close to home!
- Belgian Chocs – no doubt, if you are dying for some Belgian chocolats, biscuits, waffles or speculoos, this is your online stop.
- Chocolade van Brugge, a traditional Belgian chocolate shop located in the desert of Scottsdale, AZ. Proudly owned by Frederiek and Christine Verbeke.
- Divine Belgian Chocolates – Florida based.
- Gourmail – purveyor of fine imported and domestic chocolate;based in Worcester, MA.
- Little Belgians – this cookie company in Berkeley, CA, owned by Evy Ballegeer, is specialized in artisanal and organic speculoos.
- Crystal Organic Farm (Nicolas Donck) | 425 N Johnson St, Newborn, GA 30056 | 770-713-4751. Products can purchased at the Morningside Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings year round.
- French Feast [close enough to Belgium] – based in Englewood, NJ. Also Côte d’Or, farines Francine, Gini, chewing gum Hollywood, les Gavottes Crepes Dentelles, mustard Pommery, Lu, truffles, Teisseire fruits syrups, Vahiné products, …
TV & Entertainment
- StievieTV – watch 10 Flemish channels on mobile devices (iOS/Android) or via AppleTV to watch on it your television. Quality is outstanding, you can record programs for offline viewing, and you can easily watch past programs (without need for recording). Members of VIW get a free 2-week trial and can use a coupon code (6 months for the price of 5).
- bvn.tv is available through FTA Satellite, for free viewing of a selection of Belgian (VRT) and Dutch programs.
- TV5Monde – via Dish Network. The French Bouquet offers a variety of French and African programming including news, entertainment, top drama serials, musical programs, movies, documentaries, children’s programs, cultural programs, game shows, travel, classic movies, music videos and much more.
- VoilaTV comme en France – A choice of French 19 TV channels (France 2, France 3…) as well as thematic channels (music, youth, information, lifestyle, and sports). New channels and VOD programs will be added periodically. You will receive a box similar to Apple TV.
- Streema – a free online radio tuner to discover, share, and listen to radio stations with your friends. Listen to more than 70,000 radio stations and watch more than 10,000 TV stations here at the Streema directory.
- Netflix – Watch Movies & TV Shows Online or Streaming right to your TV via Xbox, Wii, PlayStation & many other devices. They offer a “Foreign” section ….
- FrenchFlicks – The agenda for all French screenings in America.
Looking for a Belgian… [don’t forget to mention beATL when you contact any of them]
- real estate agents | realtors