As the political and economic environment in Europe shifts post-Brexit, and in light of major elections that are taking place, Belgium is seizing the moment to gain additional regional influence. Brussels houses most of the EU institutions and, despite of its size, the nation is considered an important global trader. Join the World Affairs Council of Atlanta as it hosts the Belgian Ambassador to the U.S., Dirk Wouters, for a conversation about where Belgium stands as the European Union goes through reorganization, and what it means for U.S. businesses with presence in this country. On May 25, President Trump attended a summit of NATO nations, and Ambassador Wouters will comment on the outcome of this official meeting.
The luncheon is supported by the Consulate General of Belgium in Atlanta, The Belgian American Chamber of the South, and the Atlanta Council on International Relations.
- When: Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- Where: Commerce Club | 191 Peachtree St NE – 49th floor, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Cost: BACoS and WACATL Members: $35 – Email Julie for your discount. | Non members: $50.00
- Registration: click here.
The Belgian American Chamber of the South, in partnership with the German American Chamber of Commerce, the British American Business Council and the Netherlands American Chamber of Commerce – Southeastern US is pleased to invite you to a business seminar on Immigration on Wednesday, May 17 with AGG.
With a new American administration, the rules and guidelines for visas are changing. For businesses in the US that rely on their foreign employees, it is important to keep up to date with these changes and to predict their impact. The seminar will discuss hot topics in immigration under president Trump’s administration including the following:
- Compliance – New Form I-9 Requirements / Trump Administration Enforcement Actions
- Admissibility under ESTA and B-1 status/ CBP update
- E, L and H visa status Processing
- Surprise H & L Site Audits / the new USCIS Directive
- Best Practices for Global Mobility Managers
- Dual Citizenship for German nationals
And the guest speakers are:
- Teri A. Simmons
- Montserrat C. Miller
- Wilhelm J. Ziegler
- Matt Ohm
- George E. Lee
- When: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 from 4 to 6 pm
- Where: Arnall Golden Gregory | 171 17th Street NW, Suite 2100, Atlanta, GA 30363
- Event fee: Members BACoS, GACC, BABC, NACCSE : free, but registration is required! | Non members: $35
- Registration: online
The Consulate General of Belgium and the Belgian American Chamber of the South are pleased to invite to a lecture: “Belgium and the United States in an increasingly competitive world: turning points in economic history since 1945” by Kurt Guldentops.
Kurt Guldentops – originally from Antwerp (Belgium) – Ph.D. Candidate in History at the University of California – Los Angeles, will enlighten you about how Belgium and the US have fared over the last 70 years in a world economy characterized by the entry of a series of new (or renewed) centers of production. What was the response of established producers to catch-up competitors? Taking a long term view, you will see that catch-up is not only important to the great post war boom, but that the competition between established and emerging producers is crucial as well to understand the shape of the more turbulent decades since the 1970s.
- When – Wednesday, May 3, 2017 from 6 to 8 pm – This lecture will be followed by a reception.
- Where – Belgian Residence
- RSVP – This event is FREE, but registration is required. Click HERE to register
Please RSVP no later than Monday, May 1.
The Women’s Series are joint events of the Belgian, French, Netherlands, Finnish and German American Chambers of Commerce as well as the British American Business Council.
Started in January 2014, the Women’s Series holds quarterly business events for professional women of the Atlanta international community. The goal of the Women’s Series is to bring educational and stimulating content to our attendees, while also facilitating professional opportunities and networking among peers. The topics offered aim to connect and develop the women of our communities.
Good mentoring depends on having a collaborative, reciprocal learning relationship with your mentor. Whether you are just starting your career, seeking personal or professional development, or transitioning to new responsibilities, it is important to understand what it takes to be an effective mentoring partner and how to successfully engage in the relationship.
Join the Chambers & Council on Monday, May 1st and meet their guest speaker, Maria Gallahue-Worl, Sr VP & Head of Sulfone Polymers at Solvay Specialty Polymers. Maria will share her experience as both a mentee and a mentor, and through her personal journey, how a successful mentoring can influence our life as a whole.
- When – Monday, May 1st, 2017 at 6 pm
- Where – Burr & Forman | 171 17th Street NW, Suite 1100, Atlanta, GA 30363
- Parking – Parking will be validated
- Event fee:
- Members BACoS, NACCSE, FACC, FACCSE, GACC South & BABCS : $20
- Non members: $35
- Register online
The Belgian American Chamber of the South is pleased to invite you to The Nation Builders Global Leadership Program Benefit and Reception on Thursday, February 16, 2017 starting at 6 pm.
- When: Thursday, February 16, 2017 starting at 6 pm
- Where: Wells Fargo Building | 10th Floor, 171 17th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30363
- Free admission but RSVP is required
The Belgian American Chamber of the South is now partnering with other bi-national Chambers of Commerce in the organization of the Women’s Series events. Since January 2014, the Women’s Series holds quarterly business events for professional women of the Atlanta international community. The goal of the Women’s Series is to bring educational and stimulating content to our attendees, while also facilitating professional opportunities and networking among peers.
‘Boost your professional game through your network‘ is the 13th Women’s Series taking place on Monday, January 30th at 6 pm with speaker Judi Adams, the owner of RightChanges.biz, the affordable and successful job search coach, and author of “Found a Job Yet? and Other Questions NOT to Ask! The Practical Guide for Family and Friends of Those in a Job Search.”
- When – Monday, January 30th, 2017 from 6 – 8 pm
- Where – Alliance Francaise – Colony Square, 1197 Peachtree St NE, #561, Atlanta, GA 30361
- Parking under the building – will be validated.
- Event fee
- Members BACoS, NACCSE, FACC, FACCSE, GACC South & BABCS : $20
- Non members: $35
- Register HERE online.
The Belgian American Chamber of the South is pleased to invite you to celebrate 2017 at the Lawyers Club of Atlanta on Friday, January 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
Come and join us for a night of celebration along with delicious Belgian brewages, tasty hors d’oeuvre and great networking opportunities with the Belgian American business community.
- When – Friday, January 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm
- Where – Lawyers Club of Atlanta | 1230 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 3850, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Parking – Parking is available in the Promenade Parking Garage located next to the building. Parking pass will be validated.
- Admission Fees – Members: $10 | Non-members – 30 and under: $15 | Non-members: $20
The Belgian American Chamber of the South invite you to join a presentation by Tanguy Triest, VP & Managing Director East Lime Region at Lhoist North America, Inc. combined with a Belgian-style beer tasting experience and brewery tour at the Abbey of the Holy Goats Brewery, the first all-female owned-brewery in Georgia.
Lhoist is a Belgian limestone mining company that has been expanding in the United States since 1981. We will be hearing about the history and expansion of the company and what is next for them.
- When – Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 6.30 pm
- Where – Abbey of the Holy Goats Brewery, 4000 Northfield Way, Suite 800, Roswell, GA 30076
- Parking – Free parking available at the brewery
- Registration – Members: $10 | Non-members – 30 and under: $15 | Non-members: $20
Here is where you will find BACoS [Belgian American Chamber of the South] while socializing and networking with other nationalities. For both events, you will need to register [click on the link]:
The Belgian American Chamber of the South and the Netherlands American Chamber of Commerce of the SouthEast would like to invite you to join them for an After Work Summer Networking Drink with complimentary hors d’oeuvres on Thursday August 18th from 6 – 8 pm at Gordon Biersch Buckhead [3242 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30305]. Please Register for this event.