Our fabulous Devils will be in action for their UEFA EURO Quarter-final tomorrow at 3 pm. Atlantan supporters will meet at Fado Buckhead for an exciting game and make noise from their bar stools. No doubt the Welsh Dragon, with its star man Gareth Bale, is eager to take the win especially after witnessing the incredible victory from Iceland against England. This historical defeat should be a wake up call for our team and they should be vigilant if they want to knock the resilient Welsh out of the tournament!
For full details of the game, from your phone/tablet, go to the Belgian Red Devils Facebook page and you will see ‘schedule’ … click on the relevant game and go to the ‘stats’ tab.
beATL would like to take the opportunity to thank beATL for providing raffle prizes and our Consul General William De Baets for the decor elements!
- When – Friday July 1st, 2016 at 3 pm
- Where – FADO IRISH PUB – BUCKHEAD | 273 Buckhead Ave., Atlanta, GA 30305 | (404) 841-0066
- Parking – $7 valet, metered parking or complex self parking around the corner. Do NOT park in the library parking lot next to Fado unless there is an attendant present. You will be booted.
I can’t believe that beATL made its debut 2 years ago, right after the 2014 World Cup! Time flies.
The 2016 European Championship games start tomorrow …
Join beATL and Red Devils USA in the heart of the action at Fado’s BUCKHEAD for memorable and crazy moments. Enter Fado – with your Belgian attire – and keep going straight … You will find us, at the bar with eyes glued to the screens.
Here are our games, the ones you don’t want to miss!
beATL Steven has organized a pronostic ‘game’ … It’s not too late to participate for free or for $10, the choice is yours! Rules and instructions are revelead here or Excel file.
For those closer to Decatur, Three Taverns Brewery – with beATL Joran – will show all the Belgian games + some other important games as well. Entry fee is $14 (you must be 21) and it includes tastings for up to 36 ounces of their beer on tap and a souvenir glass.
Photography Patricia Kalmeijer
Good news for our Soccer Fans: yes, you can watch the The European Championship games in Atlanta. And better news: beATL, in collaboration, with Red Devils USA will organize life action for us all to enjoy [details of venue closer to the date]. Belgian attire, attributes and patriotic make-up are a must… Tous Ensemble/Allemaal Samen from June 10 to July 10, 2016!
Belgium is part of Group E that also includes Sweden, Italy and Republic of Ireland. Here are the championships Group Stage games … It will be tough but ô so exciting! Of course, more games to come!
- Monday 13 June 2016 – Belgium vs. Italy @ 9 pm Euro time
- Saturday 18 June 2016 – Belgium vs. Rep. of Ireland @ 3 pm Euro time
- Wednesday 22 June 2016 – Sweden vs. Belgiun @ 9 pm Euro time
Our road to the Final ! So if you tweet, use the following #tousenfrance #euro2016 @BelRedDevils which is the official Twitter of the Belgian Red Devils. On Facebook, follow the dedicated page.
In prep for those super duper important moments, some friendlies are organized. Watch our Devils against Portugal on Tuesday March 29th at 8.45 pm Euro time. beATL will let you know if this one will be aired on our screens.
Side notes for those like me trying to understand the whole thing …
- The team of the final tournament host association, France, qualifies automatically for the final tournament.
- The 24 teams that qualify for the final tournament into six groups (A, B, C, D, E, F) of four teams each.
- Each team plays each of the other teams in the same group once, according to a league system (three points for a win, one for a draw, none for a defeat).
- The 6 group winners, 6 group runners-up and the 4 best 3rd-placed teams play the round of 16 in single leg knockout matches.
- Read more about the rules.